Link between quality inspection and quality control in China
A purchaser should get to know her current or potential supplier. For that he can study the quality management system, verify the plant and the quality of manufactured goods. He might add criteria like safety or environmental protection and social responsibility. It may surprise most of us, however, these criteria may respectively be considered during a quality inspection and a quality control.
A buyer needs to know the abilities of a supplier to gratify his expectations. For that it performs a quality control or a quality inspection. The terms “quality inspection” and “quality control” are often used interchangeably to refer to ways of ensuring the quality of a service or product. The terms, however, have different meanings.
The differences between quality inspection and quality control
Quality inspection (or Quality Assurance) in China is a set of activities for ensuring quality in the processes by which products are developed. Moreover quality assurance is defined as all the planned and systematic activities implemented within the quality system that can be demonstrated to provide confidence that a product or service will fulfill requirements for quality.
- Based on: The quality inspection aims to prevent defects with a focus on the process used to make the product. It is a proactive quality process.
- The aim: The goal of quality assurance is to improve development and test processes so that defects do not arise when the product is being developed.
- How: Quality Inspection process establish a good quality management system and the assessment of its adequacy. Periodic conformance audits of the operations of the system.
- What: Prevention of quality problems through planned and systematic activities including documentation. Everyone on the team involved in developing the product is responsible for quality assurance.
- Type of tool: it’s a managerial tool.
Quality control in China is a set of activities for ensuring quality in products. The activities focus on identifying defects in the actual products produced. Moreover quality control is defined like “The operational techniques and activities used to fulfill requirements for quality”.
- Based on: The quality inspection aims to identify (and correct) defects in the finished product. Quality control is a reactive process.
- The aim: The goal of quality control is to identify defects after a product is developed and before it’s released.
- How: Quality Control process finds and eliminates sources of quality problems through tools and equipment so that customer’s requirements are continually met.
- What: The activities or techniques used to achieve and maintain the product quality, process and service.
- Type of tool: It’s a corrective tool.
How do you perform a Quality Control and a Quality Assurance in China?
1/ The quality control
The Quality control in China uses statistical techniques to plan and remove result. The quality control starts with sampling plan. It’s your sampling percentages. This percentages decides if you need a changing or not.
The controller needs different tools for a Quality Control. This tools are:
- a process flow graph
- ways to control your process flow
- a controller
- control methods
- materiel of the company involved in the production
During the quality control the regulator test your products to find and remove the bad products
Quality Control in image
2/ The quality assurance
The Quality inspection ( Quality Assurance) in China is effectuated thanks to an factory audit. This audit vets if the company has the ways to originate your goods. The regulator (or the auditor). The different main tasks of the auditor during the factory audit are:
- Search potential suppliers: Downing to a short list of 2 or 6 candidates. The regulator will be choose the best by screening the verifications like the background check
or in-depth audit.
- Verification of documents: The auditor check the financial informations, the factory’s official licence and certifications. Further he looks the others customer orders.
- Observation of production area: The regulator check up if the company has the abilities to conceive your product by describing the line and the production organization. In this description, He will describe the facilities, the workers, the equipments and the product flows.
- Examination of the quality system: He keep track of a checklist based on ISO 9000 series (like ISO 9001). He verifies during all the service life of product ( between incoming materials and finished goods).
- Examination of the social standards: the auditor check if the firm respects the country’s regulations and others critters from a standard like SA 8000.
- To report an now it’s at you to choose if you take this factory to produce yours goods.
Quality Assurance in image
Our advices to improve your quality service in China
We might recommend you to enhance your quality service:
- to perform a Quality Assurance when you take a new supplier. Indeed, Many supplier in China (and the rest of Asia) can lie about theirs capacities or theirs certifications.
- to realize as much as possible a Quality Control. Indeed, the first time your production could perfect but the second time it’s possible to see many defaults to loom up.
For you Asia Quality Control can carry out your Quality Control and your quality inspection in China or in the rest of Asian continent.