Quick overview of Electronic Product and Wearable Device Market
Some of you asked me to write something about electronics inspection in China. So here I am ! Before starting talking about electronics inspection in China or other country in Asia, there is some fact that may interest you about electronic product market.
For the past few year this market has know a dramatic increase, particularly due to the emergence of connected objet, IOT (Internet of Things) and more recently Smart Watches. Tablet and Smartphone market continue to rise. The development of internet, connections system and even augmented reality represent almost unlimited axis of innovation.
In short this market offer numerous opportunities. Most of those Electronic product are manufactured in Asian country, mainly in China, Taiwan and South Korea. You will find in this article, everything you should know about wearable device inspection orelectronics quality control in China.
Electronic inspection service in China: Quality control checklist
As you may already know, Electronic Product are part of customer daily life. So safety and and electronic component quality are a priority. You may be interested in what could be Electronic Product defect. Here is a check list of what you should consider :
- Battery: There are many potential issues with battery in wearable device. One the major issue involve autonomy. Indeed, with poor quality component or second hand material, batteries doesn’t last long, and get a shorter life cycle. The result is unsatisfied consumer, poor brand image regarding product quality, and negative impact on the environment as batteries has to be changed often. The second issue involve safety. As Batteries works thanks to chemical reaction, it is very important to ensure its safety in order to avoid explosion, overheating… I will develop this part in greater details on another article
- Defect in Electronic Components : Poor quality electronic components use shorten your product life cycle. You have to be careful to fake electronic part or second hand.
- Software : Some defect could come from the soft which is running your product. A precise programming is very important to ensure the proper functioning and the quality of your electronic product. You have to particularly pay attention to check every functionality.
- Plastic and other raw material : Electronic Product Incoming Material Inspection is necessary. Indeed, there is a lot of poor quality or recycle plastic used to make electronic products in China or Asia. Those materials doesn’t support temperature variation and can be damage very easily. In order to provide a proper product to your customer and protect intern component from damage, I recommend you to systematically inspect incoming material.
- Welding quality : As you may know, welding link electronic component to printed circuit board. If you allow shoddy welding, first you risk to damage your components and second it will provoke contact failure and malfunctioning of your electronic device.
- Antenna (receiver terminal) / GSM and other transmitter : receiver terminal and transmitter like GSM have to respond to certain criteria. For example, you are driving through a tunnel, your smartphone or mobile shouldn’t be able receive any signal, otherwise it would mean that your cellphone radiate too much. This could have negative impacts on health.
- Waterproof : For waterproof device, you have to be careful about raw material used for your electronic product conception. Incoming Material Inspection is also recommended for waterproof electronic product, otherwise you take the risk of malfunctioning or casing failure.
- Screen : The major defect you can find on screen are related to backlight. I am sure you have already experiment this issues on your personal wearable device, and you have to admit that it is very inconvenient.
- Memory : The first thing you have to check about this component is its exact capacity. You find regularly fake memory card during electronic device inspection in China.
I am sure you have figure out that raw material checking is important and necessary when you start electronic device production. I will develop more Electronic Product inspection in China in my next post.
If you have any question, feel free to post a comment, or if you want to contact us, just press the button bellow.