Some facts you should know about Mobile Inner Battery
As I said in my previous article Useful tips about electronic device in China and Asia wearable device batteries quality is paramount. Indeed, battery performance reflects your product quality level, for example problems occurring during the warranty period tarnish customer satisfaction, and your brand image. Beside battery performance, you can face other potential issues, related to shoddy raw material used to manufacture your item or lack of rigor in battery manufacturing process. So batteries quality control in China or Asia should be one of you major concern.
Useful things to know about Mobile Inner Battery Inspection in China and Asia
There are several necessary component and characteristics to inspect during a battery quality control. But first you need to know that batteries are very particular goods to test. There are many features to take into considerations, and a rigorous process to follow. Here are some main points to check during a mobile inner battery quality control in China and Asia :
- MSDS : One of the first step consist in checking the MSDS. Material Safety Data Sheet is the document that outlines informations and procedures for manipulating and working with chemicals. It contains physical and chemical property indications, informations about potential hazard products, emergency procedures, and manufacturer contact information. Needless to say, this safety sheet for battery is mandatory.
- Polarity : Some battery has no polarity markings or some wire are not correctly colored and you need to know which wire to connect the power source. Polarity test for battery allows to check the accuracy of polarity.
- Autonomy + Lifecycle : In order to control quality of battery in China and Asia, autonomy and life cycle test are essentials. Battery life cycle is calculated based on the current rating in milli Ampere per Hour and it is abbreviated as mAh, and autonomy measured thanks to charge and discharge cycle.
- Temperature : In order to prevent defective product, battery temperature is measure during charge phase and discharge phase. Indeed, if a battery heats up, your customer will be exposed to risk of burst or inflammation.
- Packaging : As you may lardy know, batteries works thanks to chemical reaction, and most of them necessitate hazardous chemical. For that reason it is absolutely to have resistant packaging to protect cells. Inspecting battery packaging also allow to check if your product is leaking, by controlling presence of liquid.
- BMS : Battery Management System is the electronic system which manages rechargeable battery. As BSM monitors voltage, temperature, state of charge (SOC) or depth of discharge, State of health, coolant flow and current, if it is programmed wrong or defective, it can cause damage on battery.
- Inner component (electrodes + electrolytes) : A current cause of battery failure is acid stratification. The electrolyte on a stratified battery dragged down, causing the other upper half of the cell to be acid poor. To avoid that problem, it is very important to inspect battery inner component in China and Asia. If you want to know more, I invite you to see my page about electronic component and assembly in China and Asia
- Packing : If you have planned to import battery from China and Asia by plane, packing is a major concern. if your battery are poorly packed it is too dangerous to transport them by plane because of variation of pressure an temperature.
Hope this article has helped you. If you have any question about battery quality control in China and Asia, feel free to post a comment !