“Increase your brand attractiveness and protect your image by selecting supplier meeting SA8000 standard”
What is the SA8000 Audit in China and Asia
The SA8000 Audit also called Social Audit, Sedex Audit, or SMETA Audit is a Corporate Social Responsibility supplier qualification operation which is performed during the sourcing phase aiming to assess the capacity of a supplier to adhere to SA 8000 standard.
It aims to verify the capacity of your potential new supplier in Asia to adhere to the SA8000 code of conduct.Why
Why use the SA8000 Audit in China and Asia
With recent scandals of Rana Plaza in Bangladesh, globalized world became more and more aware of working and living conditions of workers into Asian factories. Big brands, in order to avoid getting their name associated with poor labor condition, source and choose suppliers who follow SA 8000 principles as a guarantee those suppliers will not make their brand name dirty.
Auditing your supplier againt SA 8000 standard allow to evaluate quickly the situation regarding social right issue and to decide wether you should work or not with spoted suppliers you may have identified during the sourcing phase.
In some case, when suppliers are far to comply with SA 8000 standard, our SA 8000 Audit is a first step in the direction of getting certified for SA 8000. Out of the audit itself, we can propose those supplier to implement some corrective action plan on the base of quality consulting mission which are led on several months with consulting mission.When
When the SA8000 Audit in China and Asia is occurring
This Supplier Evaluation usully takes place during the sourcing phase, after you have spoted a potential new supplier to manufacture your goods and before you send money to them as deposit. It is normally performed during the sorting phase (qualification phase) of suppliers during the sourcing.Where
Where the SA8000 Audit in China and Asia is taking place
The SA8000 Audit will takes place at the vendor premises. If your source is a manufacturer it will be made at the factory premise. If your supplier is a trading company there are chances that the auditor get invited to perform its audit at the manufacturing area which they cooperate with for production.Who
Who conduct the SA8000 Audit in China Asia
The SA8000 Audit will be performed by a SA8000 qualified and certified auditor having being accredited by Sedex.How
How does the SA8000 Audit in China and Asia is performed
The SA8000 Auditor will go on site to inspect and audit the working conditions of the worker. A first step will be to hold a meeting with supplier representative to explain them the goal of the audit, after what the auditor will start to audit the manufacturing place.
Some private meeting will be held with random selected workers to evaluate the veracity of the situation.Checking
What the SA8000 Audit in China and Asia is checking
The SA8000 Audit is particularly focusing on :
- Child Labor: Companies should not handle child work.
- Constrained Labor: Companies shoudl not use “constrained workforce”
- Wellbeing and Safety: Companies should give a safe and healthy working environment for their employees.
- Freedom of Association: Companies should accept the right of their employee to join exchange unions and have the right of bargaining.
- Segregation: Companies should not engage in or support discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, or political affiliation
- Disciplinary practices: Companies should not take part in or help the utilization of whipping, mental or physical compulsion or verbal ill-use.
- Working time: Companies have to conform to pertinent laws and industry regulation on working hours.
- Payment: Companies must guarantee that wages paid for a standard working week meet lawful or industry rate and norms.
- Administration frameworks: Company management has to define the company’s policy for social accountability and labor conditions to ensure that it includes a commitment to conform to all requirements of this standard and national and other applicable laws.
What is the process for the SA8000 Audit in China and Asia
Conduct SA8000 Audit requires the auditor to take contact with manufacturer to prepare the audit. Once done, the auditor being on site will assess and analyze the working conditions of the workers. He will also operate private meeting with the workers to verify in a neutral and objective way if manufacturer respect SA8000 standard.
After the Audit, manufacturers may want to improve their organization face to SA8000 standard. For those one, we supply consulting mission to prepare corrective action plan and follow up to help them to tend with perfect compliance. On this base they can optimized their chance to be certified by an accredited body
Book a SA8000 Audit in 1 minute
Book Your Auditor Now
You are only one click away to protect your image with SA 8000 !
Need Help ?
Our Customer Support is here to guide you !
What customers say
Martin L., Handicraft Importer, Belgium
“We are sourcing using B2B website such as Alibaba because we can find plenty of potential supplier to feed our procurement. On those platform best supplier are presented, but worth are also there. To make sure our supplier is not a scam or a middle men we appointed Asia Quality Control which got an affordable service securing our deposit with a SA 8000 Audit”
Laurent L., Buying Office, Hong Kong
“The SA 8000 Audit allowed us to confirm that supplier we were targeting was actually only a middle men with no real asset. The audit spotted the real manufacturer when visiting the premises where production was made. Thanks to the SA 8000 Audit, we have avoided to send our money to unreliable people”