As you may have seen in my previous Article How to run a Smartwatch Quality Control in China and Asia there are many features to check. But that’s not all. There are many other component and characteristics to inspect.
Smartwatch quality inspection checklist in China and Asia Part 2
- Waterproof : Most of watch are at least water resistant or waterproof. As Smartwatch aim to be a daily product, moreover tie to your wrist, it’s essential keep those functionalities. So the first step consist in creating and adapting your Smartwatch design to Waterproof requirement. When your Smartwatch design is ready, and you have obtained waterproof certifications, the next step consist in testing that your product is actually waterproof.
- Incoming Material : Reliable raw material for Smartwatch manufacturing in China or Asia is crucial. Indeed, some quality issue comes from raw materials selection, switch of raw material quality or standard. Take plastic for Smart Watch casing there is a lot of poor quality or recycle plastic used to make smartwatch casing in China or Asia. Those materials doesn’t support temperature variation and can have impacts on waterproof feature. But plastic isn’t the only raw material to be careful about. Metal part may also be checked, especially at the frame. To avoid any problem, I advise you to systematically perform an Incoming Material Inspection.
- Wireless Function and Signal : As a connected object, Smart Watch use wireless signal (like Bluetooth, Wifi…). As you may already know, it is very important to design your smartwatch so that signal are not impede. You also have to make sure the material you want to use doesn’t reduce signal power. For example, you should avoid aluminum or derivative for casing, because of its effects on signals. Beside Smartwatch design and used materials, you also have to inspect antenna calibration, and wave intensity. To test all those feature in detail, I invite you to perform a Lab test for your Smartwatch.
- Accessories : Out of the Smartwatch itself, you also have to think about what is sold with it. People often forget about inspecting smartwatch accessories. The essential accessory accompanying Smart watches are charging station or charging cable. Assuring the quality of charging station is almost as important as the the product itself. First, because without charger you cannot use your smartwatch anymore. Second, because a poor quality charger can damage your devise. Finally because shoddy accessory affect your brand image as much as a low quality smartwatch. To avoid those problems, you should at least perform a pre shipment inspection for your smartwatch accessories. Smartwatch accessory Pre Shipment Inspection allow you to test cable and mechanical part resistance or pin connector oxidation speed.
- Buttons : I am sure you have already blocked a button on one of your personal device. You must admit that it is unpleasant. To avoid your customer this annoying experience, you should check buttons during your smart watch quality inspection in China or Asia .
Smartwatch Test and Certification
Once you have established your smartwatch design, in order to ease your Smartwatch launch on the market, there are some fundamental certifications to get. The major one is GMS Certification. Google Market Suite certification is strongly recommended (even mandatory) for all smartwatch running under android.
Smartwatch GSM certification allow user to download and use Google Play Store. A device becomes GMS certified when it meets certain standards for quality, reliability and performance. To get this Certification your smartwatch will have to a strict set of tests and guidelines set by Google to insure that your product will function and will be able to be updated based on Google’s source code and operating system.
During your Smartwatch quality inspection in China or Asia, it is important to check all the functionalities of your Smartwatch to avoid unpleasant surprises. I also advise you to download some apps to see if they install properly.
Once you have checked all those feature, Your Smartwatch is almost ready to be launched !
Hope this article has helped you. If you have any question about Smartwatch quality inspection in China and Asia, feel free to post a comment !
Check here to see Smartwatch Quality Inspection Part 1