Baby Products Quality Inspection in China: A Guide to Importers
Baby Products Quality Inspection in China resulting from babies are considered fragile and sensitive. This is the reason why is essential. The infant products that babies are going to use and consume are of high and desirable quality intended for excellent use and consumption. Here is a list of the top priorities to be considered by importers in the Quality Inspection of Baby Products:
Inspection for Physical Appearance
The physical aspect of an item can greatly affect the perception of the consumers to the quality of the baby products in China. It could also affect the marketing and sales of baby products, consumers might priority the physical appearance in buying baby products therefore it should be complete with the information about the product, specifications and free from any unwanted features or marks. The following should be considered:
- Boxes should be free from dents and water marks it could lead to misconception that baby products may not in good working condition.
- Safety stickers or seals should be free from tamper or damage.
- Plastic or Glass containers should be free from holes, cracks, scratches or excess molding debris as it may result to spilling, accident and could also lead to total damage of the product.
- Bottle caps and covers should be tight enough to protect the content.
- Prints and logos should be clear, at the right shade of color and has correct spelling and grammar.
- Manufacturing and expiration (for perishable goods) dates should be visible, usually it is printed in the bottom or upper part of the product.
Inspection for Materials
The type of material to be used is closely monitored in Baby Products Quality Inspection since babies are the primary consumers of the product, safety of the consumer and ease of use is always a priority.
Babies’ feeding bottles and toys should be safe even in direct contact with the product since infants tend to put in their mouth the things they hold. The following will help inspect the item for quality:
- Plastic material should be exact according to the molder that was used. Any excess or trimmings should be removed or considered as a reject
- No plastic component should be present inside the containers it should be cleared and free from cutting debris.
- Containers should be free from powder like substance that is usually from plastic resins.
Rarely used on babies’ stuffs since direct use and contact of the item might cause breakage and harm to them. Precautions and safety measures should be observed when using glass material. The following are considered for the safety of the consumers:
- Glass containers and baby pr
oducts should have safety feature inside the packaging or box such as bubble wrap and Styrofoam to prevent it from:
- cracks and scratches , it should not be present on the baby products.
- There should be no sharp edges on any side or corners of the baby products.
Are used as binder or safety feature (e.g safety clips, pins and buttons) of baby products. Baby Products Quality Inspection of in China see to it that the following are strictly followed:
- Metals attached on clothes as buttons or for clipping purposes must be tightly sewed or pressed. Loose parts should be considered reject. The same thing applies to Toys Quality Inspection in China.
- Sharp edges should be avoided.
- There should be no rust on any metal item
Commonly used on toys and pacifiers for feeding bottles. Baby Products Quality Inspection in China consider the following:
- Rubber does not release or excrete any foreign liquid as it may indicate harmful chemicals.
- Items should be free from tear or any physical damage
- No excess parts or material due to molding processes should be present
Inspect for Functionality
Baby Products Quality Inspection in China are mostly determined and indicated by its ability to perform on its intended function. Inspecting for the functionality of the item extends to its content. On exporting items from China the following should be kept in mind.
- Pump caps, tube, squeeze bottle, resealable caps, zip locks and other special feature of the packaging should work well as it may affect the freshness and quality of the baby products.
- Bubble wraps, Styrofoam, special trays, palettes and other security features of an item or packaging should really protect its contents upon transportation.
- Sticky tapes and magic tapes should work properly attached.
Container Loading Supervision of Baby Products in China
To ensure the quality of baby products in China upon transportation container loading supervision can be a great factor for quality. Highly trained Quality Auditor or Quality Inspector is present to the loading area and randomly inspected the baby products by box, per item or per pallet. From inspection to forklift loading up to sorting and arrangement to container is strictly inspected by the Quality Auditors or Inspectors.
Hope this article was useful to you. If you have any question about Baby Products Quality Inspection in China and Asia, fell free to post a comment or contact us by clicking the link below.